Monday 15 September 2014

An amazing week!

Well, all kinds of stuff has happened this week, and in no particular order here it is:
  • I found a pair of posh straight leg slacks that actually fit.
  • Same trousers are actually long enough 
  • I found a pair of shoes - yes SHOES to wear with posh trousers
  • Grumpy Trousers has agreed to us having a holiday
  • As a result of him agreeing to holiday I am booking Fuertaventura in the Canary Islands
  • Now having a crisis about whether hotel v. apartment or self catering v. bed and breakfast
  • Actually I don't care, just having a holiday will be good.
  • I've set a budget for the holiday and will TRY and stick to it
It's my beautiful younger daughter's 35th birthday today.  I got her tickets to see Jools Holland so she took Grumpy Trousers with her, who was very chuffed about that.  Jools was actually appearing in here in Chesterfield at a local venue but it was standing only, so I opted out.  There's no way I can stand for hours on end.  They thoroughly enjoyed it and were full of it when I picked them up.  Much as I like Jools Holland, I like his sidekick Ruby Turner better.  She's the Momma of Blues and Soul and puts everything into her performances.  I was gutted not to see her, but if they come back I'll make sure I'm OK to go.

Another big thing this week has been younger daughter and me doing a fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support.  On TV there are adverts for The World's Biggest Coffee Morning.  Well, we turned ours into a Coffee Evening at our local village pub.  She and I baked cakes for several weeks in advance, froze them and iced them on the day.  We touted local businesses for vouchers and prizes for the raffle, put together sweepstakes for guessing how many beans in a jar, and also had a book sale.  We had a brilliant night with friends from far and wide together with local villagers.  Everyone waded in and helped, resulting in a great total of £363!  My village should be proud of itself for its kindness and generosity.

Here's a picture of the showstopper cake that my daughter made.  It was definitely chocolate overload, but then, its Cadbury's so there's nothing wrong with that, is there?



I have to confess I am completely wiped out with tiredness now after such a big event, and thankfully have nothing on my calendar this week.

Do stop by and say hello.  I feel I've been talking to myself again for a while.

xxxxxx





2 comments:

  1. Hello, you're not talking to yourself now. What a fab cake and good cause and excuse to eat cake.
    I'm glad to hear you are keeping well. Look after yourself.
    I like Jools Holland as well. It's the only thing about New Year's Eve that I do like! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dorne, thanks for stopping by. I hope you're well too, and I agree with you about Jools and New Years Eve; he makes it bearable!

      Delete

I'm always delighted to get comments and feedback. Keep them coming please!