- In the rush to get to the airport to fly home I forgot to put on my flight socks.
- Two days later, BIG stinging pain in back of left leg
- Visit to GP confirmed a superficial thrombosis
- Result? Operation cancelled! "Let us know when you're recovered please"
- 5 months later, recovered. I let them know.
- New date set for early September this year
- Mammogram late July
- Mass found
- Breast cancer confirmed
- Foot operation cancelled yet again (note - twice)
- Lumpectomy operation 10th August to evict the Squatter
- Most of October taken up by Radiotherapy
- Squatter replaced by a Gremlin with a pick-axe who seems to work night-shifts
- The Gremlin is actually my tissue repairing itself together with a load of disturbance by the Radiotherapy
- My left boob still has a big blue stain on it from the injected radioactive dye on the day of the operation.
- The blue stain is a conversation piece and is affectionately known as Smurf Juice)
So folks, it's been a funny old year. I'm still waddling like a penguin, but at least I'm still here.
I see the foot consultant in two weeks. I hardly dare set an operation date in case something else rears its ugly head to prevent it. On the other hand, it could be third time lucky!