Sunday 29 June 2014

Last day at work tomorrow

I'm writing this now as I don't know how I'll feel tomorrow.  Upset probably, oh I don't know.......I might even surprise myself by joyously skipping out of the building (we all know that's not likely - I can't bloody well walk properly never mind skip).

I have little home made gifts for everyone because we couldn't possibly hold the traditional collection for a present, and all signing of the massive card.  You see, five of us are going - it would be impossible!  I've been saving my jars and cans for a while to decorate up into small flower vases, tea light holders, pen pots or make up brush pots.  I missed the opportunity to give them to the charity intended so I'm wrapping them as little parting gifts for the fabulous people that are my 'work family'.  Each and every one are special to me in different ways, for their humour, empathy, patience, kindness.  I will miss the camaraderie and banter, but as I mentioned in a post a few months ago, we group together with ex-staff and form The Happy Old Bags.  Can you imagine the lunches and the laughter????  There may be even more get-togethers than we have now.  I do hope so - I love a filthy innuendo and there's only The Happy Old Bags to appreciate that; we are as bad as each other.  Someone only has to mention Hugh Jackman or David Gandy's name and then it all begins!

There's a bit of resemblance between them.  Looks like we all enjoy the same type :-)



However, we've all agreed that it's going to be strange being at home all the time.  The others are a lot younger than me and will find other work, but our leaving tomorrow coincides with the end of the summer term and we'd all be off for 8 weeks anyhow.  Perhaps it will eventually feel like we're still on summer break, and just haven't gone back.  I think that's how it will be for me.  The others, I'm not so sure.  Some are angry at the circumstance that has brought about this redundancy situation, others are fairly philosophical, and I'm the one who doesn't give a shit.

Looks like I'm in a good place then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always delighted to get comments and feedback. Keep them coming please!