Wednesday 2 July 2014

Foot injection and a lot of swearing!

I had the cortisone injection today in my foot. It was a very different way of doing it from my last procedure back in 2009. More painful than I remembered despite local anesthetic, but it was over in less than 5 minutes. A very kind junior doctor held my hand and let me swear to my hearts content. She just laughed her head off and asked if I knew any more expletives!

They used a dye, then at the point of the cortisone going in they warned me I'd feel the joint stretching.  I certainly felt it alright, but it was over really quickly so I didn't have time to utter any more than ten swear words.  I was like a person with Tourette's!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always delighted to get comments and feedback. Keep them coming please!