Despite it being International Happiness Day I woke up distinctly grumpy this morning. I hoped it would wear off but there's no sign of it abating just yet. This blog address isn't called 'grumpydrawers' for nothing, so I guess I'd better tell you what's causing it. Menopause crap that's what.
I'm on 'Round 2' can you believe! I started my first menopause at the early age of 39, avoided HRT and got through the whole caboodle by age 48. I was well happy about that, I can tell you. For the last few months however, I seem to be having some kind of resurgence of symptoms that I escaped first time round.
Listed in order of the annoyance factor, there's....
1. Night sweats (hot flashes) - some nights I'm burning up the moment my back touches the mattress!
2. Itchy skin - mostly on my legs. I shed flakes of skin on the inside of my black work trousers - eek!
3. Aching joints - my wrists are hurting a lot today. Lifting books are a problem.
4. Extreme lethargy - may be due to not sleeping because of the night sweats.
5. Head pains - similar to the electric shock type pains I had first time round. Not as intense this time.
How I think I look.....
Bless her she's probably drunk, and NOT menopausal - it's another Grace Robertson image from the book, Grace Robertson Photojournalist of the 1950's.
I need chocolate!