Friday 14 March 2014

Lynda Renham and Confessions of a Chocoholic. Tena Pads Required!

I don't know how I've only just discovered the Queen of Chicklit author Lynda Renham.  Well I do; I saw she was followed on Twitter by my other favourite author Carol E Wyer.  Anything Carol does has me interested, so I checked out Lynda.  What I really mean is, how come I've not noticed her before?  I usually home in on exceptionally great authors whatever genre they write.  This is one of the perks of being a library assistant.

Here I am digressing.  Let's get back on track.  So, Lynda Renham.  What a revelation!  The first of Lynda's books that I read was a collection of stories titled Confessions of a Chocoholic.  I was about half way through when I figured that this woman seems to have been shadowing me for the last 30 years!   Aside from the chocolate, Lynda touches on hospital car parks which are coincidentally the bane of my own life, not to mention the other annoyances of useless builders, a barmy cat, together with hapless husbands, Waitrose rotisserie chickens, bloody Christmas and generally being utterly distracted.  Oh, and setting fire to herself.  Yes, I forgot that one.  I rolled about laughing at this collection of stories relating to each one in turn as if I'd actually been there.  




One of her Amazon reviewers asked if she and Lynda had been separated at birth.  I take that to mean the reviewer like me, feels the connection.  Maybe it's women of a certain age who knows, but I have to say that Lynda grabs everyday life and finds a way of writing about it with the highest level of grumpy humour.  My kind of humour! 

Here's the Amazon synopis of the book and the link to the page

A collection of short funny tales and a unique insight into the world of chicklit royalty, aka Lynda Renham. A right comedy of errors if ever there was one. If you're looking for her beauty secrets and fashion ideas you've come to the right place. Read of her intimate sex life, her secrets for staying young and how she keeps her man - just. A fly-on-the wall true account of the life of a romantic comedy novelist, written in her own words. It's all here, the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 

Publisher Note: We are not responsible for any of the advice given in this book. If you do not look like Lynda after reading this we cannot be held accountable. 

Warning: Tena Pads recommended while reading. 


As you know I gravitate to humour of any kind to distract me from the pain in my hip and foot.  This book is high on my list of successful distractions, and I can happily recommend it as a blooming good read!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always delighted to get comments and feedback. Keep them coming please!