Monday 10 February 2014

Goodbye to the scales......................

..........well, the old ones anyway.

I jumped on them this morning and they wavered up to 7lbs.  If I stand up straight as a ramrod I can't read where the needle is through the lower half of my glasses.  I can hazard a guess where it is if I squint!  If I hunch over and look through the middle of my glasses I can see better but that's when the needle wavers.


So, tomorrow I'm off to Argos for THIS digital scale with an extra large readout for old biddies with dodgy eyesight so I can see it without hunching over.


I'm such a wimp when it comes to weighing myself.  I recoil and go into denial!  I used to grit my teeth when I was weighed at Slimming World, but it was rarely as bad as I imagined it would be.  If I thought I'd gained 3 pounds, it turned out to be just 1.

Anyway, my courage is up because I'm making a proper effort to get myself in order.  I've played at it for too long; and because the courage is there I'm getting the new scales.

I'm thinking these will make Grumpytrousers even more smug, but wish me luck.  I'll be posting again on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always delighted to get comments and feedback. Keep them coming please!